Monday, November 22, 2010

Garland modification


I decided I wanted some garland on the front porch railing so we went to the store to pick some up this evening.  I couldn't find exactly what I wanted so I decided modify the garland I bought.


This is how the garland came, the only decoration were the pinecones.  I really wanted the holly berries to give it a little color but I didn't like the look of the garland that had berries so I added them myself.


I got 3 bundles of berries for $6 total.


My little helper.


After a lot of sniffing the final approval was given.  We modified two large garlands in about ten minutes for a total of $26 bucks.  I can't wait to put it up tomorrow when there is some daylight outside.

Have you decorated yet?  Is there something you are looking forward to making or putting up this year?




7 comments:

  1. I love it!
    Marley does too ;)
    oh no no the Halloween decorations are all on the dining room table still waiting to be packed up - maybe the magic decorating fair will come while I'm sleeping and do it! I wish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is gorgeous!! I really need to create one for my front door :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, this makes me feel all Christmas-y! And your little helper is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea! I never think to spruce up wreathes, I just get discouraged that I can't find one I like!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i bet these look so much nicer then a shop brought one!
    I love decorating usually but i'm not sure if i'll be able to at uni this year :( x

    ReplyDelete